DRC Time

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wounds of Love


We were reminded last night that we have not been faithful bloggers again.  Things have been very busy here in the Shultz home, and taking time to blog has not been checked off the "To-Do" list yet.  Jen has actually been working on a blog post for awhile now.  I'm sorry to cut in and post before her, but today does call for one.

Thanksgiving is upon us (we are celebrating today), and I can say that we have a thankful heart for many things right now.  We should everyday of the year as well.  However, this morning we have received not so good news from the Congo relating to a few families adoptions that has left us with a heavy heart.  It is confirmed that at least one family will not be getting their children.  A message from them this morning read that they are missing, and pray that they have been adopted by someone else.  We haven't confirmed it yet, but another family might possibly not be getting their child either.

So yes I am thankful, but I have a heavy heart wearing me down today.  I believe that God himself feels this way over the situation too.  We still remember very clearly the "waiting" process in adoption.  Going through everyday fearing that you will hear terrible news, and it will all fall apart.  

I do not have many words of comfort for families going through this right now.  However, I always say that for everything in life there is a Rich Mullins song.  I am leaving it to him right now to comfort you all.  I often thought of one particular song when I was praying for Agape during our wait to go get her.  I think of this song for the families still waiting for their children, and for our future adoptive children.

Peace to you all who read this with a heavy heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment