DRC Time

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Italian Stallion

Today we hosted our Spaghetti Dinner at our church, and kicked off our Silent Auction as well.  Needless to say, it was a blast.  Unlike Pancake Breakfasts (which was also a blast), spaghetti dinners are a lot easier to hold.  Not to mention cheaper to prepare for as well.  I wish I could post some pictures up from it.  My main job was to man the spaghetti pot and keep the supply up.  Not an easy task being at a Mennonite church with an all-you-can-eat function.  I felt like the Italian Stallion with my trusty Starbucks in hand.  We also were able to share a 10 or 15 minute presentation giving an overview of our adoption.  Basic things such as, why we're doing this, how far along we are, support needs that we have.  Everything went well, and we were able to add quite a bit more to our funds.  Only about $30,000 to go ... no big deal.

On a much more serious note.  We got word of some very dear friends of ours who had to realize a dream of theirs would not become a reality.  They are heartbroken, and Jen and I are heartbroken for them.  Watching them helped me realize a little better how fragile our dreams are.  At this point, it would not take much for our own dream of adoption to fall apart as well.  Yet, we must remember the One who holds our dreams.  He is the one who gave them to us, and He just may see fit to take them away.  These friends of ours have huge hearts, and fresh ambition.  I trust in time that they will be pursuing a new dream to call their own.

Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment